maanantai 26. syyskuuta 2011

Today when I was driving my car at quite early morning, and I was really sleepy, the one band that got me more awake was Drudkh. You know, that Ukrainian metal band that mixes elements of folk and black metal.
Their lyrical contents embrace Slavic mythology, seasons and poetry. Many of the band's lyrics are derived from the works of nineteenth- and twentieth-century Ukrainian poets, especially Taras Shevchenko.

That was really cool thing to listen, when had the right songs, while driving at foggy finnish country side. The mist on the woods and fields, the road that seems it has been there for ages... First rays of slowly rising sun through purple clouds.... In one word, it was magical. Especially when the next song was by My Shameful.

After that it was a bit difficult to come back to this reality. I wouldn't mind to stay there, in that silent dream-like empty timeless space. Lacking everything reality has.

Then, another band that usually cheers me up quite lot, is Skepticism. That is kinda funny, because it is sort of depressive doom, but then again, I really enjoy listening to it. That gives another great paint for me to use it on that little world of mine.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti